Young Adult Resources
- The Basic Guide to Young Adult Ministry (John Cusick and Katherine DeVries, Orbis Books, 2001)
- Catholics on Call: Discerning a Life of Service in the Church (Robin Ryan, Editor, Liturgical Press, 2010)
- Connecting Young Adults to Catholic Parishes (Best Practices in Catholic Young Adult Ministry) (USCCB, 2010)
- Googling God: The Religious Landscape of People in Their 20s and 30s (Mike Hayes, Paulist Press/Busted Halo, 2007)
- Party of One, Living Single with Faith, Purpose, & Passion (Beth M. Knobbe, St. Anthony Messenger Press, 2011)
- Seeds of Hope: Young Adults and the Catholic Church in the United States (Tim Muldoon, Paulist Press, 2008)
- Souls in Transition: The Religious & Spiritual Lives of Emerging Adults (Oxford University Press, 2009, by Christian Smith with Patricia Snell)
- A Bible study on the Gospel of Mark is available on-line and can be viewed at the convenience of participants. Take advantage of this 16-session series by Fr. Jim McIlhone, Director of Biblical Formation for the Archdiocese of Chicago, by visiting www.wordmadeclear.org
Parish Evangelization Opportunities
- Sparks From Ashes
An Ash Wednesday Young Adult Evangelization Plan
A special initiative from the Diocese of Joliet Young Adult Ministry Office for use in the parish community in preparation for and during Lent.
CONTACT: For questions about this program, contact dr. timone davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-534-8308.
- Relationship Education. Programs to provide healthy relationship education and skills to couples, singles and single parents are available in English and Spanish from The Family Ministries Office, through its partnership with Family Bridges.
Visit www.familybridgeschicago.org for details. Or call Family Ministries at 312-534-8351.
- Exploring the Possibilities for Young Adult Ministry
Workshops for pastors, parish staff, volunteers and others interested in serving in Young Adult Ministry can choose from two workshops being offered by the Office for Catechesis and Youth Ministry Thursday, September 29, and Saturday, October 1.
CONTACT: Jackelin Herrera, 312-534-8044 or email@example.com
- Mayslake Ministries offers retreat experiences, relevant speakers, and fun social events through its iSpirit Program.
- Online Course: NCYAMA, in partnership with Loyola University Chicago’s Institute of Pastoral Studies, will offer a 14-week online course on "The Evangelization of Inactive & Disaffected Young Adults," beginning this fall semester. This class is aimed at all types of church leaders who are seeking to better evangelize inactive young adults to the Church.
Click here for more information.
Click here to register.
Click Here for Parish Resources
Click Here for Teen Resources