Annual USCCB Audit
Every year, all parishes, schools, and agencies are required to participate in an annual compliance audit. This annual audit is a requirement of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). The audit reviews compliance with the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People or lack thereof, of every employee, every cleric, and every volunteer working with children in the Archdiocese. The audit reports background checks completed, safe environment training for adults, children and young people. The audit instrument is sent electronically to all pastors and principals to their archchicago.org email accounts in the beginning of March and is due back electronically by mid-April. The documents required to be submitted include the Compliance Checklist, Employee Spreadsheet, and Volunteer Spreadsheet.
Ideally, each parish and school will have an employee who is the designated Site Administrator. Working on the compliance pieces for each employee and volunteer throughout the year is the best way to stay up-to-date with files and records to ensure the annual audit data collection is submitted on time.
Office staff members have offered to be available to you if you have any questions or concerns:
- Vicariate I: Jan Slattery, 312-534-5319, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vicariate II: Carol Morrone, 312-534-2595, email@example.com
- Vicariate III: Mayra Flores, 312-534-5238, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vicariate IV: Maricela Gonzalez, 312-534-5206, email@example.com
- Vicariate V: Carolyn Perz, 312-534-5388, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vicariate VI: Judy Gavina, 312-534-3852, email@example.com