ARCHDIOCESAN OFFICE FOR HISPANIC CATHOLICS
CELEBRATES 10TH NOCHE DE GALA
Chicago (September 22, 2008) - The Archdiocese of Chicago’s Office for Hispanic Catholics will celebrate the 10th annual Noche de Gala during Hispanic Heritage Month, on Friday evening, September 26, 2008 at the Chicago Hilton and Towers, 720 S. Michigan Ave.
Francis Cardinal George, O.M.I., Archbishop of Chicago, will attend this annual recognition dinner and award ceremony that honors Catholics who serve and work in Hispanic ministry in the Archdiocese. Nearly 1,000 people, representing almost 150 parishes offering Hispanic ministry and various archdiocesan agencies, are expected to attend.
The following awards, in recognition of work conducted on a diocesan level, will be presented:
A raffle and dance follow the awards ceremony. Proceeds from Noche de Gala will be directed to the ministry of the Office for Hispanic Catholics in the Archdiocese. For tickets, or more information, please call 312-738-1080.
- Blessed Pope John XXIII Award , in recognition of priestly dedication to Hispanic ministry, Rev. Claudio Holzer, CS, pastor of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish, Melrose Park.
- Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz Award , in recognition of women religious in Hispanic ministry, Hijas de Maria Inmaculada de Guadalupe (Daughters of Mary Immaculate of Guadalupe), Immaculate Conception Parish, Chicago.
- Saint Stephen Award , in recognition of a deacon in Hispanic ministry, Deacon Jose Vazquez, Maternity B.V.M. Parish, Chicago.
- Gaudium et Spes Award , in recognition of Hispanic lay ministry, Mr. Royal F. Berg, Attorney at Law.
- Angelina Marquez Lifetime Dedication Award , in recognition of exceptional service to Hispanic ministry, Rev. Richard Simon, pastor of St. Lambert Parish, Skokie.