AREA CATHOLICS PRESENTED WITH AWARDS FOR
OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTIONS TO CATECHESIS AND YOUTH MINISTRY
Chicago, IL (May 16, 2012) – Francis Cardinal George, OMI, Archbishop of Chicago, will present the Archdiocesan Catechetical and Youth Ministries Awards to six area recipients for their outstanding contributions to catechesis and youth ministry in Catholic parishes across Cook and Lake counties. Over one hundred other individuals and teams will be honored by their respective parishes for their contributions to their ministries. Conducted by the Office for Catechesis and Youth Ministry, this annual Awards Banquet will take place at 6 p.m., on Tuesday, May 22, at Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace.
The 2012 Archdiocesan awardees are:
- Janice Seipp, Catechist, St. Catherine Laboure, Glenview
- Joseph Hull, Campus Ministry/Teacher, Notre Dame High School for Girls, Chicago
- Sr. Anna Strycharz, Director of Religious Education, St. Ferdinand, Chicago
- Christine Ondrla, Director of Religious Education, Ascension, Oak Park
- Sharon Allison, Director of Religious Education, Sacred Heart, Palos Hills
- Rev. Richard Kozak, Pastor, St. Joseph, Homewood
For more information about the Catechetical and Youth Ministries Awards Banquet please visit the Office for Catechesis and Youth Ministry’s web site, www.catechesis-chicago.org.