Bishop John R. Gorman D.D.
Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus
Archdiocese of Chicago
10731 West 131 st Street
Orland Park, IL 60462
- Date of Birth: December 11, 1925, Chicago, IL.
- Priesthood Ordination: May 1, 1952, Chicago, IL.
- Episcopal Ordination: April 11, 1988, Chicago, IL.
Loyola University, Chicago, IL
Ph.D., Clinical Psychology
- St. Mary of the Lake Seminary, Mundelein, IL.
S.T.L (Licentiate in Theology)
S.T.B (Bachelor of Theology)
- Quigley Preparatory Seminary, Chicago, IL.
- Visitation Elementary School, Chicago, IL.
- Auxiliary Bishop of Chicago – April 11, 1988 – May 1, 2003
- Episcopal Vicar of Vicariate V – February 15, 1995
- Vicar General/Vicar for Regional Services – 1990 - 1995
- Episcopal Vicar of Vicariate I – 1988 to 1990
- Director of Department of Parish/Pastoral Services, May1986 - 1988
- Pastor, St. Michael Church, Orland Park, IL – September 1973 - 1987
- President, St. Mary of the Lake Seminary - 1965 - 1973
- Served as Associate Pastor in Chicago parishes
- Served as Faculty member of the High School Seminary, College Seminary, Loyola Pastoral Studies Institute, Notre Dame University Summer School
Bishop Gorman is a lecturer in Religious Psychology, presenting retreats, workshops, days of reflection for priests, religious and laity, He has been active in Marriage and Family Life programs, Training for Lay Ministry, Parish Planning.